Twitter最前线

    follow me on Twitter

    31 May 2009

    Every song tells a story - Pt 2

    If you are a modern folk, I'm sure you are more or less hooked to listening to music, be it classical or pop music. And I truly believe that there must be a few particular songs that you like them so much, probably because of the catchy melody or the lyrics.

    Of course, I'm just like anyone else, no different from you. Now, let me share with you of a few songs that could represent a certain period of my life.


    2003 Sheila on 7 - Seberapa Pantas (How appropriate)



    This song was once so popular among me and a few Warwickians. Out of no where, suddenly everyone fell in love with it. Even those who didn't normally listen to Malay / Indon songs tried to learn to sing the song too. What's the X-factor to this scenario? I guess it's because: music is the universal language!

    It was during my 1st Easter break in UK. The bunch of us that didn't go home stayed together at the hostel on campus. We saw everyone everyday, day to night. We joked, we ate, we played, we chilled out, ... we basically did everything together. I really miss those term breaks!

    This song could well be the milestone of me settling down in England and making new friends. We were just strangers about half a year ago. Slowly, I grew closer to everyone. I was glad that I did make friends in Warwick and I am grateful that we have been keeping in touch since I graduated.


    2004 陶喆 - 寂寞的季节
    David Tao - Ji Mo De Ji Jie (The Season of Loneliness)



    In the beginning of 2nd year, I bought back with me to UK a CD of David Tao. I was so into David Tao's music at that time. I had the CD played almost all the time in my room. Among all the other tracks, I like this song the most.

    Season of Loneliness. It sounds so down, doesn't it? Being away so far from home, family and best friends, more or less made me feel lonely sometime. Especially when I got back to my room and all by myself.

    Actually, I did enjoy such a moment; just a little bit though. It gave me the chance to think of the past and then reflect to the present. It brought to surprises unexpectedly - I could feel how much I had grown up and what were the new experiences I had come across. Nevertheless, spending fun time with friends is still always the best thing to do!

    1 comment:

    Chris said...

    NIce song woo

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...