Twitter最前线

    follow me on Twitter

    28 May 2009

    Practical vs Dreamer

    Have u guys watched Sell Out! ?

    Personally, I would classify it as another great M'sian production. It's worth to pay for the movie tickets and you won't regret, really.

    Come to think about it, that was my first time watching a local musical film. (Maybe not; I'm not sure)

    I'm not a movie critic. So, I'm not going to discuss how good or how bad of the film. Well, I would just like to express what I felt and thought about after watching it.



    There was one scene in the movie that really caught me up in deep thinking. It was a live show and audiences were asked to send in sms to vote: to kill the 'Practicalist' or the 'Dreamer'.

    (The telco companies are always the winner!)

    After all the drama, the result was -- to kill the 'Dreamer'. The message was clear -- be practical and don't dream.

    ******************************

    Back in reality, shall we be practical and force ourselves to stay in the controlled boundary or have big dream and work to make it comes true?

    Ok. I know this is just another 'Chicken-or-eggs question'! But, there's no harm give it a thought right?

    First, let's answer this -- what is your dream or what are your dreams?

    Done? I think you've probably come out with a list -- what you want to achieve in the near future, aka 'dreams'.

    Good grades, prestigious colleges, well paid jobs, good wives / husbands, luxurious cars, big houses, etc...

    Next, ask yourself again. Are all that really your dreams? Or, just something you want to achieve on behalf of somebody or for somebody? Are you influenced to have all these dreams? Do you have reasons for all these?

    Take your time to think about this question. Be it a few seconds more; a few minutes more; a few hours; a few days; or any longer...... until you get the answer that convince to yourself ONLY.

    (I know it's a hard question. We are living in complicated world, aren't we? Human beings like to do thing in the hard way.)

    Congratulation! If you have the answers. If NO, don't worry! Just forget about it and get back to the reality and continue with your lives. Relax!

    For me, neither do I want to be the 'Practicalist' nor the 'Dreamer'. I just want to follow my spontaneous sense -- doing things as I like and as I wish, without much planning and resentment. Follow the heart.

    Of course, there's limit. Not to hurt anybody else nor bringing trouble to others.

    Dreaming BIG, dreaming too much makes me feel like a loser. It seems that it would take me forever to achieve them. Worse, I might not even have the chance to realise them.

    Stop dreaming! (Just like what the parents and teachers always tell the young ones!)

    Whereas, being practical stops me from enjoying my life. Aren't all these boring: doing thing within pre-set boundaries, taking no risks, dealing no uncertainties or blindly following others' path?

    We can do better than that! It's human instinct to face challenges and find a way out with it.

    So, just follow our heart. Go ahead to do whatever first appears in our mind. Reminder: be responsible and don't bring any trouble to others.

    (Ok, I'm going to do water rafting again. I'm going to learn to play the guitar. I'm going to start reading a new book.)

    I believe: living simply and ordinarily can be extra ordinary. I want to be another 陶渊明!采菊东篱下,悠然见南山。

    2 comments:

    PJ said...

    i love this post.

    i think dreams make life worth living for. and most of the time people who realise their dream are those who follow the heart.

    the first step towards achieving anything in life is to dream.

    thats the amazingness of life you can be anything you want to be if you believe in your dreams. ;-)

    Kian said...

    good thing that u understood what I wrote......

    yeah... dream according to our heart!

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...