Twitter最前线

    follow me on Twitter

    15 April 2009

    Talentime

    It's been such a long time since I last went to the cinema. Blaming myself for taking up the part time job as Maths tutor.

    It left with me just a little bit of time for me to rest - to sleep. Fortunately, I've made some arrangement and I will have more time for myself now.

    I just went to watched 'Talentime' with Xuan few Sundays ago. My rating for this movie - 5 stars. Yasmin Ahmad did a good job again!

    Her movies have been so real all the while. It's so 'Malaysian'. Yet, she always got criticised by the extremist, claiming that she had 'polluted' the cultures and bla bla bla... Kak Min, you are doing the right thing, don't give up!

    This time, the focus wasn't on the inter-relationship between Malay and Chinese families, but Malay and Indian. Therefore, one would be exposed to different languages during the movies. Just wondering, what the stories of her next movie would be?

    I still remember watching 'Sepet' for the 1st time (uncountable, after that) with my house mates back in Coventry. It made we missed home that time, especially seeing all those familiar places of my hometown. Why? The movie was shot in Ipoh!

    Next, 'Gubra'; then, 'Mukhsin'. I have been waiting for the release of 'Muallaf'. But, it would only be shown on Astro and not the silver screen. Kak Min stands firmly this time for not wanting her movie to be 'edited' by the censorship board. Bravo!

    I would mark 'Talentime' as my all time favourite among her movies. I enjoyed the storyline more; the touching scenes and nicer OST... I am going to buy the vcd or dvd once it's released and going to watch it again and again.

     




    Thanks Kak Min for loving Ipoh so much. Don't stop coming back here for movies or tele-commercials shooting.

    3 comments:

    [SK] said...

    have not watched Talentime, but watched Sepet and i like it.. :)

    動 Orson said...

    我也是還没看Talentime.....

    Kian said...

    must get the vcd / dvd later...
    highly recommended!!

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...