Twitter最前线

    follow me on Twitter

    26 December 2008

    I'm your host

    This is just another update on my Couchsurfing experience. I was quite busy hosting different CSers during the first 2 weeks of December.

    I'm always happy about it as I get to meet people from different sides of the globe. Having the chance to understand different cultures was the main motivation for me to join Couchsurfing.

    1st - 2nd Dec 08: hosted Ayesha & YiXin (Singapore)
    This young couple from Singapore showed how adventurous they were during the college break. No proper travel plan. Just to travel until they were broke. They were so amused of how the bean sprouts being eaten in Ipoh. This reminded me of Shiling's comment about the bean sprouts.

    Ayesha - Yixin - me - Kit

    1st - 4th Dec 08: hosted Kit (Canada)
    It was my 2nd time hosting Kit in Ipoh. The very first time I met her was way back in August. She was going to end her exploration in Asia soon. On the way to KLIA to catch the flight to Japan, I hosted her a few nights. She had a day trip to Cameron Highland with my mum and mum's friend.

    4th Dec 08: hosted Sandrea (Malaysia) 
    My first time meeting up with a fellow CSers from Malaysia, Johor to be more precise. She is an activist and just started the job as the special assistant to one of the state excos. She had spent 6 months in New Zealand with the working traveller visa before that.

    5th - 6th Dec 08: hosted Alar (Estonia)
    I didn't spend much time with Alar, just a little bit of chit-chat. He arrived late in Ipoh from Lumut and left early the next day for Cameron Highland. Coincidentally, he met my next guests - Anian & Mathias during the bus ride.

    10th - 12th Dec 08: hosted Anian & Mathias (Switzerland) 
    They came to Ipoh at the right time when all of my sisters were back in Ipoh. Hosting them made my place so happening and brought in much cheers. My sisters and cousin went white water rafting with them too. Later, my sister, too, became the host of them in Subang. 

    Anian - my bro - Mathias

    12th - 14th Dec 08: hosted Peter & Maria (Russia)
    They were out all the time, so I didn't have much time talking to them. It might be the language barrier also that made me couldn't know more about them. They had a free ride to Penang with my friend - Sam, after that.

    3 comments:

    ernloy said...

    Merry Xmas and happy new year!!!
    wow wow wow!!!
    well done Adwin!!! u r gonna be the Ipoh CS ambassador :D haha
    and it is so NICE that your family are so willing to help u to host all of the CS!
    by the way, i am going to couchsurf in frankfurt, munich and vienna!!! :)

    Kian said...

    enjoy ur couchsuring experience!
    how i wish i can be there too.
    the xmas markets there are amazing!
    frohe 'belated' weihnachten

    Chris said...

    Happy belated X'mas 2 u ya...

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...