Twitter最前线

    follow me on Twitter

    29 June 2007

    Merdeka 1234

    I support Jeff Ooi's Merdeka1234!

    Quoted from jeffooi.com:-

    "And nothing can be greater than making all Malaysians colour-blind.

    With two months away from the 50th anniversary of Merdeka, I outlined my biggest wishlist for the next 50 years of nationhood.

    Let's do away with Malaysians 1234. We have to abolish all forms of forms that demand you to fill in ( 1 ) for Malay; ( 2 ) for Chine; ( 3 ) for Indian; and ( 4 ) Lain-lain for the field of race.

    Forging a Bangsa Malaysia, the media and civil society should make sure that it's not all form over substance."

    When I was a university student in England, I had never come across forms that required race and religion. The only exception was a fingerprints scientific survey which I was asked about my ethnicity.

    I personally don't that it's necessary to have forms asking your race. The Law is applied to everyone regardless of someone's ethnic. I'm a Chinese, but I don't there's any Law in M'sia that only enforced on the Chinese community.

    No comments:

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...